Sunday, September 26, 2010

"fatherlessness"

It is never too late to start a relationship. Let me tell you my story. I was raised in a home of a “one big happy family”- Or I think big is not even enough to describe it, as it is even larger than one can imagine; twenty two aunties and uncles and countless cousins, nephews and nieces. All are living as one- sharing the same values and stuff.

My life has been nurtured in a vast place filled with so much love and compassion.

I said to myself that I’ve just got lucky – like the song goes.

I became more and more elated as my life continued to unfold itself. I have been loved so much, or I could say that I have been given the special attention I thought I didn’t need. But what it is to ask for when everything you need in your life is all set at the table just for you?

The fact is that, I am growing up; even the universe could not stop that. My way of thinking continued to change and the fact of ‘fatherlessness” has started to unfold right before my eyes. I thought I’d be enough, and so I felt it was really enough; but something within me is feeling like I am looking for something more. All those times that I thought I was having fun, half of me was empty. In fact it is still is.

The truth about me is that I’ve never met my father. There was never a chance. The moment that I was born and opened my eyes I saw a lot of people- like lots of them. They were there for my mom, and they were there for me. There was no slight sign of my dad being there to witness my arrival, but all was well and I was happy.

As I grew up, I became more and more curious about how it feels to have someone I can call my “Dad”. My desire for my biological father kept on lingering through my blood vessels as I go through my life; although I wasn’t in fact bothered, as I have been blessed with the people who truly cared for me. I was so lucky to grow up to become somebody whom society admires and accepts. As most of the researches showed that children who grew up without a father figure always turn out to be rebellious and disobedient, I feel like the most fortunate.

I was feeling fortunate that I did not look for him, until now that I have decided that I want to see him.

Sure I want to see him. Just out of curiosity. I want him to see what kind of person I’ve become; brilliant, independent; even with the lack of a father figure- I have grown up to be naive, safe and secured.

I’d like him to feel how much I want to share the love that the people I call my family had given me. I want to be with him even for just “One day”. Yes, one day would be enough, for I am sure that he’d already moved on with his life without knowing that he could’ve got the chance to see me grow. I have moved on with my life as well.

Today I am going to mark the 15th anniversary of my existence in this world; today I am going to add one more year to my still hopeful heart that someday I’m going to find the only missing piece that will make me whole. This is my only wish.

Today is my birthday daddy- I hope you can read this and if you have a chance; please greet me. :'(

No comments:

Post a Comment